Thursday, September 20, 2012

If The Kitchen Table Could Talk

We had an impromptu sundae party last week to start off Simon's preschool year and Jeff set up the tripod and filmed it. I fully realize this may be much more hilarious to us because they are our children, but if you have children, you can at the very least appreciate the shenanigans that often (always) conspires at the kitchen table. You won't be surprised at all to learn that Lena steals the show around minute 3:38 and on. This is my life people.




We're thinking about making this a dinner time series. We've got a stock pile of dinner time's past to work with now.
And when one day I'm locked away inside an insane asylum, I'll have legit video to back up my story while I'm tuckered in the corner staring blankly rocking back and forth back and forth.

13 comments:

Amanda said...

This was amazing. Up until Simon left the scene, Ethan was laughing hysterically. I picked up soon thereafter with Lena's shenanigans. You're so much more patient than me. I would have nipped that concoction making in the bud the moment the first paper towel got drenched in maraschino cherry juice! So classic!

GrammaTina said...

some things never change...Lena, Lena, LENA! lol I love that girl...good job on this video Kelly....very cute...make one of George now..:-) Love you!

Author Sherry Gammon said...

Can't get it to work:{{

Holly said...

Oh, Lena. She's my favorite little artist friend. I want her to come take a kid's class at the Art Institute of Chicago!

Sean and Jeannette said...

That was fantastic to watch. Horrifying, yet extremely satisfying at the same time. I totally snorted when the paper towel ringing started happening! Love this (and I'm loving Jeff's video work---awesome!!)

k1 said...

This is fantastic! Won't it be fun to watch together in 10 years to show Lena how crazy she was?

Much better than the slide shows of my childhood.

Did I just make myself sound old? Dang it.

kathryn said...

I love this! I could've been watching my own... Lena and Maggie need to meet... or maybe that would be disastrous.

kELLY said...

this is so great.
also, do we say "layna" or "leeena"?

robin said...

ooooh my gosh. this was the best. i smiled the entire time. seriously, there are no words.

i loved it.

(we do the same exact cleaning ritual with wet paper towels and hands and mouths. jeff cleaning off calvin could have been josh and sawyer.)

Kera said...

are you kidding me with the iPhone? so classic. asher is the same way. i'm assuming that thing is trashed... and lena with the cherry towel???

sorry that i'm just seeing this.

abby said...

That was brilliant Kelly! I loved it so much. I can't get over Lena. She is hilarious.

Unknown said...

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Seriously....HIL-a-rious. I too would have had the towel taken away though as soon as it got dipped in the first time. Too funny!!!

Soumyaa Verma said...

oh my God i love Lena! this is some really amazing stuff in the video. im hooked to Lena!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© whoopsy vaisey 2006